March 31, 2017
Dear Friends and Alumni of the Institute of Core Energetics (Institute),
The Nominations Committee is seeking recommendations of qualified candidates to join the existing nonprofit Board of Directors (Board) for the Institute. The Institute’s Board presently includes: Ken Kinghorn, Chair; Jac Conaway, Treasurer/Ethics Co-Chair; Michael Antkies, Fundraising Committee Chair; Jacquie Carleton, Publications Committee Chair; Barra Kahn, Program/Policy Committee Chair; Laura LaCascia-Ehlert, Personnel Co-Chair and Teressa Moore-Griffin, Marketing/Communications Chair.
The Board advances the Institute’s mission, sets and measures goals, ensures mission-program alignment, and
works to supports the vitality of Core Energetics/body-based healing for future generations. Other key Board
- Ensuring the availability of adequate financial and human resources (staff and consultants);
- Approving annual budgets, monitoring fiscal health and financial reports, as well as fundraising;
- Governing the organization through clear policies and procedures;
- Participating in the work of a Board Committee;
- Selecting, supporting and reviewing the performance of the Executive Director; and
- Being accountable to the Core Community (e.g. faculty, graduates and students) for the organization’s performance.
The Institute is presently seeking to fill two (2) key seats on the Board of Directors by July 2017:
1. Treasurer: This individual will bring significant financial experience/expertise, such as accounting, bookkeeping and/or proficiency in reading financial statements, as well as an ability to support internal fiscal controls and present quarterly Financial Statements to the Board; and a
2. Student Representative: This individual must be an active enrolled student, in good-standing, who is willing to be an ambassador for the students/customers of Institute programs and services.
All new Board members serve an initial one-year term that would begin in July 2017. Regular Board members are eligible to serve up to two additional three-year, consecutive terms (max. of 7 years). The Student Representative is eligible to serve up to one additional one-year term or 2 consecutive years on the Board.
Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated by others. If you’re nominating another person, it’s helpful to have their consent prior to nominating them.
Any questions and/or requests for additional information should be addressed to Kate Holt, Executive Director, at the Institute office at (212) 982-9637 or by email at Kate@CoreEnergetics.org.
Please complete the attached Nominations Form and submit it by the June 10th deadline. You can submit a nomination by email to CoachDougWirth@aol.com, or by regular mail to Doug Wirth, ICE Nominations Chair, 150 W. 28th Street, Suite 1104b, New York, NY 10001.
Thank you for your time, consideration and assistance with this important endeavor.
Chair Nominations Committee
and Kate Holt,
Institute Executive Director