4 Year Practitioner Certification Curriculum
CORE YEAR 1
- Foundations of Core Energetics and Introduction to Character Development
- Introduction to the Core Energetics Model of Energy and Consciousness
- Core Energetics Model of Personality
- The Schizoid (Fragmented) Defense
- The Oral (Undercharged) Defense
- The Masochistic (Overcharged) Defense
- An Overview of Segmental Armoring
- The Psychopathic (Displaced) Defense
- The Rigid (Armored) Defense
CORE YEAR 2
- The Four Stages of Core Energetics Therapy
- Ego Functions and their Relationship to the CoreThe Mask
- Principles of Energy Economy
- Releasing and Transforming the Lower Self
- The Higher Self
- The Human Energy Field/Sensing and Working with Energy & Soft Techniques
- Characterology & Applied Techniques
- Body Reading
- Body Consciousness Class -Alignment/Skeleton/Joints/Relation to Gravity
- Pride, Self-Will & Fear/ Reason, Will & Emotion
- Resistance and Anger in the Upper Body
- The Spiritual Significance of Sexuality
- The Universal Life Plan and Life Task
— In addition to the classes there are process groups and community events during every module.
— Ethics training for Years 1 & 2 focuses on confidentiality, boundaries & avoiding harm.
Year 3 commences the Clinical Phase of training toward practitioner certification.
CORE YEAR 3
- The Client/Therapist Relationship
- Assessment and Therapeutic Planning
- Core Energetics and Psychopathology
- Transference 1
- Armoring in the Ocular Segment
- Armoring in the Oral Segment
- Countertransference and the Mask of the Practitioner
- Armoring in the Cervical Segment
- Armoring in the Diaphragmatic & Thoracic Segments
- Armoring in the Abdominal Segment
- Armoring in the Pelvic Segment
- Working with Sexual Trauma & Abuse
— Ethics training for Year 3 focuses on sexual boundaries and the use of touch in therapy.
CORE YEAR 4
- The Art of Leadership
- The Core Energetics Group Process
- Advanced Transference and Countertransference
- Resistance to Consciousness, Bodywork and Work with the Lower Self
- Working with Borderline Issues/and Spiritual Emergency
- Psychosomatics: The Mind/Body Connection
- Termination and Closure
- Working with Non-Developmental Trauma
- Sexuality in Core Energetics Therapy
— Ethics training for Year 4 focuses on therapeutic integrity, the power differential in therapy, and the challenges of multiple relationships.
— In addition to the classes there are process groups and community events during every module, as well as live clinical supervision in Years 3 and 4.
— Video/Case Presentation Projects are presented at the final class.